Portal is hiring! We are a friendly, highly successful and very professional Norwich based national supplier of internet services, computer and telephone networks.
The successful applicant is likely to be a strong administrator, keen to learn about the technology deployed. You will be working in a busy office on the outskirts of Norwich 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (37.5 Hours)
The role is predominately telephone based, you will be the first point of contact offering advice and help where applicable to customers and suppliers, whilst dealing with a variety of administrative tasks
Internally you will support and work alongside our Account/Sales and Technical Teams which will allow you a holistic view of the company
Responsibilities to include:
• Answering calls from customers and suppliers
• Managing emails and correspondence
• Raising Tickets and Tasks on Portal Database to progress a customer query
• Ordering equipment from suppliers
• Booking in engineering resources
• Raising documentation for engineers and/or suppliers
• Sending out equipment to customers and/or chasing return of equipment
• Reporting out customer Line Faults
• Booking Hotels and courses
• Stock Control
• Cash Collection
• The use of a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel
• Undertake training, to become a member of our telephone based 24/7 On Call Team for fault reporting on a rota basis, approx. 1 week in 5.
The above responsibilities will involve following internal processes accurately and keeping the Database up to date.
You will be provided with basic knowledge of the products and applications we support to enable you to fulfil our obligations to our large customer base. The initial on the job training takes three months. Over a two year period training and development across all products up to and including entry level project management. Career development to other departments within the organisation can be achieved.
The role would suit a person with no previous work experience. You will a need friendly telephone manner, and excellent accuracy in record keeping. Once trained you will, with support, have decision making authority and so good judgement and prioritisation skills are required.
• Starting Salary is from £16,000 - £20,000 for the right candidate.
• Qualifications “A” levels or very strong GCSE results or equivalent.
• Company contributory pension scheme.
• Company sick pay scheme after successful probationary period completed.
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter to our Recruitment team. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.